Orientation 4/13

Posted by shelande2 @shelande2, Apr 8, 2020

Did anyone else get a phone call from HR asking them to postpone their orientation til June? I am a PCA scheduled to start in the Med ICU on 4/13. I received a call today asking me that very question and I was wondering if I was the only one...

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk group.

I started as a DOS on the 30th of March and my orientation was done online.

You have my curiosity, shelande2. Was it your recruiter that called you? I'm curious because I was under the impression that the live orientation was being replaced with the online version, as msb410 shared. If that has changed, I would like to know that. I work in HR too and coordinate Mayo Clinic Orientation for Rochester. Ultimately we would love to see you all in person, but 'Rona made us move in a different direction for now.

It was HR. Someone named Angelina. She said something about staffing needs changing due to COVID, however as an orientee, I dont understand how that would affect it, since I'm not counted on staffing numbers anyway. My orientation has been moved to June. I emailed my recruiter as well and she confirmed it so I dk. I am just at a loss.

@shelande2

It was HR. Someone named Angelina. She said something about staffing needs changing due to COVID, however as an orientee, I dont understand how that would affect it, since I'm not counted on staffing numbers anyway. My orientation has been moved to June. I emailed my recruiter as well and she confirmed it so I dk. I am just at a loss.

Jump to this post

I can have someone from HR contact you if you'd like @shelande2 to gain a better understanding of the delay.

I am going to assume that with all that is happening right now, it has nothing to do with actual orientation, but that the team you are joining doesn't have the staffing to onboard and train you at this time. Again, just an assumption on my part.

Nah. Its fine. I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen. I understand it. Just sucks. Thank you though

@shelande2

Nah. Its fine. I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen. I understand it. Just sucks. Thank you though

Jump to this post

We will look forward to having you join us in June. Stay safe!

How is everyone doing?

I had my start date pushed back too. I've been having trouble viewing my new offer letter in my Candidate Zone, though. I was told the same thing, there aren't enough staff to train us in right now.

@annelises

How is everyone doing?

I had my start date pushed back too. I've been having trouble viewing my new offer letter in my Candidate Zone, though. I was told the same thing, there aren't enough staff to train us in right now.

Jump to this post

Contact HR and they can send it to your personal email

@annelises

How is everyone doing?

Jump to this post

Hey! 😊 my start date was pushed back yesterday too. Are you starting at mayo as a RN?!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.