Starting 10/12 - Anyone else?

Posted by juliekcst @juliekcst, Sep 16, 2020

Relocating to Rochester at the end of September from downtown Chicago and I don't know anyone at all! I'm working in cardiac surgery as a CST. Is anyone else starting on 10/12? We can be overwhelmed together!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the New Employee Connections group.

I’m starting September 28th on medical JO3B as an RN! I’m looking for a place to move down there right now and just got my orientation schedule so I’m definitely overwhelmed too!!

@emfreeman

I’m starting September 28th on medical JO3B as an RN! I’m looking for a place to move down there right now and just got my orientation schedule so I’m definitely overwhelmed too!!

Jump to this post

Hey I'm also hunting for a place with plans to visit this weekend to look. How has your search been? Makes me feel better to know I'm not alone in feeling overwhelmed.

It’s been quite hard. I have pets so it limits me to some places that probably aren’t ideal but I’m making due with it. I’m currently looking at Gates of Rochester, Civic Square apartments, and Crown apartment.

All three are very nice! Do you have a dog or cat? I love animals. I'm looking closer to the hospital because I don't have a car and will be walking. Plus I'll be on call. I'm still learning the hospital, what area/speciality is medical JO3B?

I have a cat and a rabbit! Oh yeah closer would probably be better for you then. Medical is a basic internal medicine floor so kind of like a med/surg floor. The hospital is so huge so it’s going to take a while to know all the areas haha

@emfreeman

I have a cat and a rabbit! Oh yeah closer would probably be better for you then. Medical is a basic internal medicine floor so kind of like a med/surg floor. The hospital is so huge so it’s going to take a while to know all the areas haha

Jump to this post

Just felt overwhelmed thinking about how big the hospital is! I know I'll be making a lot of wrong turns while trying to figure out where to go. Keep in touch and let me know where you end up.

Will do! It’ll all work out eventually!

I am starting on Oct. 12th and I’m in the middle of relocating as well! I’ll be working in interventional radiology as an RT.

I’m starting on 10/12!! I’ll be working in the cardiac cath lab as an RT. Would love to meet you guys and be the new people together haha

@cjhess23

I’m starting on 10/12!! I’ll be working in the cardiac cath lab as an RT. Would love to meet you guys and be the new people together haha

Jump to this post

How exciting!! Yes, I think that’s a great idea 🙂

Please sign in or register to post a reply.