What will or won’t Medica do in 2019?
You may have heard that effective Jan. 1, 2019, Medica will be the third-party administrator for Mayo Clinic’s staff health care plans, including the Mayo Medical Plan, Mayo Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Accounts. Here are some examples of what Medica will and won’t do in their role:
- Process medical and reimbursement claims
- Send Explanation of Benefits (EOB) documents
- Track your plan cost-sharing amounts (deductible and out-of-pocket maximum)
- Send all members a new medical plan ID card
- Provide new resources including an online member portal, customer service phone and email contacts, 24/7 nurse line, and more!
- Increase plan premiums
- Decrease benefits
- Take enrollments