Spare Room for Rent | $600 | Unfurnished | 10 min walk to work

Posted by Bengi Durgunoglu @bdurgunoglu, Oct 28, 2021

Hello, my name is Bengi (pronounced ben-GHEE) and I am cardiac nurse at St. Mary’s Hospital. I am looking for one roommate to move in with me sometime in mid-November or early December.

I live in a house in Kutzky Park. It is 10 minutes walking distance to downtown / Gonda; 7 minutes walking to St. Mary’s Hospital.

A bit about me: I grew up in northern Minnesota and spent my adolescence in the Twin Cities. I graduated from nursing school in Chicago, and recently moved to Rochester in April. I am a cis, straight, white dude (he/him) who has been in a relationship for six years. I have lived with both men and women in the past and have had no issues. Hobbies include cooking, stand-up comedy, sports, music / DJ'ing, hiking, and animals! I am a bit obsessive with keeping the house clean and tidy, so I ask that my roommates maintain a similar level of cleanliness, as well.

This three-story house has 4 BR and 1 Bath: two bedrooms upstairs, two on main floor, and the one bathroom on the main floor. I am renting out the master bedroom upstairs. Kitchen has a gas stove, new dishwasher, and microwave. I have almost every kitchen appliance you will need (except a coffee machine). See attached photos. Free washer & dryer in the basement.

I currently have one other roommate (a nursing colleague), but she only stays at the house when she has back-to-back 12-hour shifts.

No dogs, please. I have two very sweet, social cats.

Rent is $600/month.

Utilities are not included. I would ask that we split them 50/50. These include electricity/water (through Rochester Public Utilities); gas (through Minnesota Energy); internet (through MetroNet).

There is a free parking space for your car in the back!

If you would like to learn more about the house, my personal email is bdurgunoglu@gmail.com.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the New Employee Connections group.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.