Kindness Counts 2020

Posted by Lindsey Marx @lindseymarx, Mar 10, 2020

Submissions for 2020 awards has closed. Feel free to continue to share your stories and success on this thread.

“We will never find our own joy if we seek it for ourselves. We will only find joy if we seek it for others. Then as a group we will find it.” - Dr. Gianrico Farrugia

Mayo Clinic has exceptional employees that go above and beyond to humbly give back to others. The Employee Well-Being Team wants you to showcase your acts of kindness! In doing so, you will help inspire others to spread kindness at work and in your communities.

"Kindness Counts" is a work group challenge designed to foster greater social well-being through personal connection and teamwork.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Well-Being @ Work Community group.

Our neighborhood has really gotten on board with the painted rocks trend. It really is fun to see people light up when they find one of these gems on their daily walks. This is one example of an act of kindness that can be done in our new normal that is cost effective and impactful. I am curious, what other acts of kindness have ya'all been seeing in our new normal?

I have seen messages in chalk along a walking path near me. It made you want to look to see what the next message was going to be. The last message was a challenge to walk the path one more time and record your extra walk with a tally mark. Great to see many tallies!

MCHS Eau Claire Neurosciences Departments
We wanted to be able to connect and give back to the community through a back pack drive
Even through all of the uncertainty during this pandemic, kids still needed school supplies! It was great to be a part of that normalcy!

The Mayo Hospice office in Rochester picked up trash this weekend! No treasure found... but lots of trash 🙂

Shared files

trash pick up (trash-pick-up.pdf)

@celeanagibbs

MCHS Eau Claire Neurosciences Departments
We wanted to be able to connect and give back to the community through a back pack drive
Even through all of the uncertainty during this pandemic, kids still needed school supplies! It was great to be a part of that normalcy!

Jump to this post

LOVE this! What a meaningful activity to do during this time. Thank you for sharing your teams Kindness Counts Activity!

@hrclancy

The Mayo Hospice office in Rochester picked up trash this weekend! No treasure found... but lots of trash 🙂

Jump to this post

Awesome! Great idea to do an outdoor activity and make our earth happy. My son (5 years old) says that if we throw trash on the ground, it makes the earth sick. He will defiantly be excited to hear about this kind activity that serves both the earth and the community!

@hrclancy

Jump to this post

This is awesome! I can't believe so many full bags

@hrclancy

Jump to this post

How did you organize this? Is there somebody in the community that provides pick-up sticks and gloves (for volunteer safety) and where do you leave the trash bags? Thanks for your help!

We brought our own pick up sticks and gloves, I provided trash bags from my home and then we ended up having enough space in our own trash cans for what we picked up, however, I was planning on taking everything to the dump if needed and paying 10$.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.