Did you know that our driving habits account for almost one-fifth of all US greenhouse gas emissions?
This weekend, honor both Zero Emissions Day (Saturday) and Car Free Day (Sunday) by committing to at least one emissions-reducing action, such as
• Walk or ride your bike to the store when you only need to pick up a couple of things. Not only will you reduce your emissions, but you will be inclined to buy less knowing you have to carry it all home!
• Choose not to drive one day each week. This could mean staying home on one of your days off or walking or biking to work.
• Plan your meals for the week and buy all the ingredients you need at once instead of going to the grocery store multiple times.
• Commute by bus at least weekly. Look at your schedule each week and identify at least one day where you could commute using public transit instead of your car.
• Organize an office carpool.
How you cut back on driving to reduce emissions? Let us know in the comments!
Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Go Green group.