Starting in 2024!

Posted by Catherine Gruhn @catherinefeye, Sep 7, 2023

Please introduce yourself to your fellow Nurse Residents! Where are you from? Where did you graduate from nursing school? What is your start date?
Connections make us closer. Share and reach out to your peers to start some connections!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Nurse Residency Program group.

Hi, my name is Brenna (she/her)! I am from Mankato, MN, and will be graduating from St. Catherine University in May. My start date is July 16th at Rochester Mayo. I'll be at MB on their Heart Transplant/Cardiac Surgery PCU working D/E. I am so excited!
More about me: I have two cats and a dog (Miso, Soup, and Bentley, respectively). I love to read, specifically on my coveted Kindle. I have four younger siblings whose athletic and academic events I go to as often as possible all around MN. My partner, Ian, will be moving to Rochester with me in July; we've begun apartment hunting already!
I would love to connect with you; please message me on here or Instagram @brennabartell. Best wishes to everyone else finishing up school!

@brennabartell

Hi, my name is Brenna (she/her)! I am from Mankato, MN, and will be graduating from St. Catherine University in May. My start date is July 16th at Rochester Mayo. I'll be at MB on their Heart Transplant/Cardiac Surgery PCU working D/E. I am so excited!
More about me: I have two cats and a dog (Miso, Soup, and Bentley, respectively). I love to read, specifically on my coveted Kindle. I have four younger siblings whose athletic and academic events I go to as often as possible all around MN. My partner, Ian, will be moving to Rochester with me in July; we've begun apartment hunting already!
I would love to connect with you; please message me on here or Instagram @brennabartell. Best wishes to everyone else finishing up school!

Jump to this post

Welcome, Brenna! I absolutely love all of your pictures! Thank you for sharing more about you. Good luck with your apartment search and I look forward to meeting you this summer!

Hi , My name is Ashley Mcdonald. I'm from Jacksonville , Florida. I graduated from Florida state college of Jacksonville. I officially started as an RN on medsurg 10/23. Ive been at Mayo Clinic going on almost 7 years. Ive done scheduling, Clinical assistant, and Pct work over the past couple of years. Ive chose nursing, because I love interacting with people and I wanted to advance from being a PCT. The Experience definitely is opening my eyes up to a lot of things. What I plan to gain from the nurse residency program is ways to navigate being a nurse.

@ashleymcdonald

Hi , My name is Ashley Mcdonald. I'm from Jacksonville , Florida. I graduated from Florida state college of Jacksonville. I officially started as an RN on medsurg 10/23. Ive been at Mayo Clinic going on almost 7 years. Ive done scheduling, Clinical assistant, and Pct work over the past couple of years. Ive chose nursing, because I love interacting with people and I wanted to advance from being a PCT. The Experience definitely is opening my eyes up to a lot of things. What I plan to gain from the nurse residency program is ways to navigate being a nurse.

Jump to this post

Welcome Ashley! Wow you bring a wealth of experience to your role! Congratulations on becoming an RN!

@brennabartell

Jump to this post

Hi Brenna!
My name is Chelsey and I just graduated from Montana State University in December '23. Like you, I also LOVE to read on my kindle and have 4 younger siblings. I also have a miniature dachshund named Clyde. I love that you have pets named Miso and Soup! I will be working at Station 72 in the Eisenberg building on the Hem/Onc unit starting in March. My boyfriend is originally from MN but I am new to the area. I hope to see you around!

Hello! My name is Chelsey and I graduated from Montana State University in December 2023. I will be working in the Eisenberg building on the Hem/Onc unit starting in March. My boyfriend and I just moved to Rochester and we are really enjoying it so far. He is originally from MN, but I am new to the state. I have a miniature dachshund named Clyde who also made the move! I love to read, hang out with friends, and go on walks with my dog. I would love to connect with any other newgrads in the Rochester area.

@chelseyroper09

Hello! My name is Chelsey and I graduated from Montana State University in December 2023. I will be working in the Eisenberg building on the Hem/Onc unit starting in March. My boyfriend and I just moved to Rochester and we are really enjoying it so far. He is originally from MN, but I am new to the state. I have a miniature dachshund named Clyde who also made the move! I love to read, hang out with friends, and go on walks with my dog. I would love to connect with any other newgrads in the Rochester area.

Jump to this post

Welcome Chelsey! Clyde is soooo cute! Thank you for sharing pictures. I am a bit partial as I used to work on St 72-it is an amazing unit! I look forward to seeing you in class!

Hello! My name is Sonya and I graduated from Montana State University in December of 2023. I am originally from California but I had been living in Montana for the past 3 years. I moved to Rochester with my cat a I will be starting on the Surgical floor at the end of February and then going down to the ED in the future. Before moving to Rochester, I had actually never been to Minnesota, so any suggestions for restaurants or things to do in town would be appreciated!

@sonyamp

Hello! My name is Sonya and I graduated from Montana State University in December of 2023. I am originally from California but I had been living in Montana for the past 3 years. I moved to Rochester with my cat a I will be starting on the Surgical floor at the end of February and then going down to the ED in the future. Before moving to Rochester, I had actually never been to Minnesota, so any suggestions for restaurants or things to do in town would be appreciated!

Jump to this post

Welcome to Minnesota!! This is a good website for all things Rochester: https://www.experiencerochestermn.com/
I hope you are able to make some connections through residency and can plan a lunch after in-person seminars with some of your new colleagues!

Hi all! My name is Grace Crary, and I recently graduated from Emory with my Master of Nursing. My start date is February 27th, and I am in the ED bridge program so will be starting out on a surgical floor. More about me: I am originally from California, and have never lived anywhere with snow (lol). I am an avid weightlifter which is my main hobby, but I also enjoy skiing, baking, taking long walks and hanging out with friends. I had never been to Minnesota till about a month ago to apartment hunt, but I am stoked to get started and make friends! Feel free to add me on insta @1stgracec

Please sign in or register to post a reply.