Starting in 2024!

Posted by Catherine Gruhn @catherinefeye, Sep 7, 2023

Please introduce yourself to your fellow Nurse Residents! Where are you from? Where did you graduate from nursing school? What is your start date?
Connections make us closer. Share and reach out to your peers to start some connections!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Nurse Residency Program group.

@gec1760

Hi all! My name is Grace Crary, and I recently graduated from Emory with my Master of Nursing. My start date is February 27th, and I am in the ED bridge program so will be starting out on a surgical floor. More about me: I am originally from California, and have never lived anywhere with snow (lol). I am an avid weightlifter which is my main hobby, but I also enjoy skiing, baking, taking long walks and hanging out with friends. I had never been to Minnesota till about a month ago to apartment hunt, but I am stoked to get started and make friends! Feel free to add me on insta @1stgracec

Jump to this post

Welcome to MN! I'm sure many will tell you this, but this is a very atypical winter for us. So this is a good year to transition to MN to ease you into the winter feel. Excited to have you as part of residency!

Hey Everyone! My name is Raegen Hartman and I am from Edgeley, North Dakota. I will be graduating from University of Jamestown (ND) in May 2024. I am hoping to move to Rochester in July before I start with the Float Pool in August! I love reading and will take any and all recommendations though I usually stick to fantasy, romance or thrillers. I am always up to try something new, meeting new people or exploring new places. Hiking, lifting and trapshooting (shotgun) are my most common hobbies in college. I would love to meet up with some other new grads especially once I get to Rochester! Feel free to find me on instagram @raegenhartman (oh and featured in the pictures: my sister in the white, a kiddo I used to babysit who is like a brother, and part of my trapshooting team)

@raegenhartman281321

Hey Everyone! My name is Raegen Hartman and I am from Edgeley, North Dakota. I will be graduating from University of Jamestown (ND) in May 2024. I am hoping to move to Rochester in July before I start with the Float Pool in August! I love reading and will take any and all recommendations though I usually stick to fantasy, romance or thrillers. I am always up to try something new, meeting new people or exploring new places. Hiking, lifting and trapshooting (shotgun) are my most common hobbies in college. I would love to meet up with some other new grads especially once I get to Rochester! Feel free to find me on instagram @raegenhartman (oh and featured in the pictures: my sister in the white, a kiddo I used to babysit who is like a brother, and part of my trapshooting team)

Jump to this post

Hi Raegen! I have never done trapshooting but it looks like a great group! Thanks for sharing pictures and I hope you are able to connect with other residents! I look forward to meeting you and seeing you in seminar. Enjoy the rest of your senior year and I hope you get to have a little summer fun before you start in August 🙂

Hello everyone! My name is Adanna Umeano, I will be graduating from Drexel University this March 2024 from the Nursing ACE program. I am from Nigeria, moved to the USA in 2022, and have been living in Philadelphia since then. I will be working at St. Mary's in the Ortho/trauma inpatient unit starting June 4th, 2024. I am currently hunting for an apartment, I would appreciate any information on how to get an affordable apartment for rent, and I am also interested in finding roommates. You can text me on 267-666-1687
I am excited to be starting the Nurse Residency Program at Mayo!!!

@umeanoadanna96

Hello everyone! My name is Adanna Umeano, I will be graduating from Drexel University this March 2024 from the Nursing ACE program. I am from Nigeria, moved to the USA in 2022, and have been living in Philadelphia since then. I will be working at St. Mary's in the Ortho/trauma inpatient unit starting June 4th, 2024. I am currently hunting for an apartment, I would appreciate any information on how to get an affordable apartment for rent, and I am also interested in finding roommates. You can text me on 267-666-1687
I am excited to be starting the Nurse Residency Program at Mayo!!!

Jump to this post

Hi Adanna! Wow what a journey! We are excited to welcome you to Minnesota. Thank you for the pictures. Hopefully another nurse resident will also see this and perhaps have information about apartments. There are a TON of apartments in Rochester, I feel like a new one is going up everyday. If you are interested in a roommate, I know there is also a New Employees connections group within the #wearemayoclinic site and many people post there as well. See you this summer!

Hi, my name is Gillian Zilke. I grew up near Seattle, Wa and went to nursing school at GCU in Phoenix, AZ. My start date is on March 26th and I will be working on the Cardiovascular Surgery PCU at the Saint Marys Campus. I have never been to Minnesota before, so this will be quite a change for me, but I am super excited to live in a new place and explore more of Rochester. A little bit about me is that I am a huge traveler and always up for an adventure, I enjoy board games, rock climbing, soccer, yoga, and always down to try a new workout class. I used to work at a coffee shop, so I love coffee. I also enjoy cooking or trying new local food places. Anyways, I would love to get to know some more people. Please reach out to me either on here or my instagram is gillianz10 🙂

@gillianzilke

Hi, my name is Gillian Zilke. I grew up near Seattle, Wa and went to nursing school at GCU in Phoenix, AZ. My start date is on March 26th and I will be working on the Cardiovascular Surgery PCU at the Saint Marys Campus. I have never been to Minnesota before, so this will be quite a change for me, but I am super excited to live in a new place and explore more of Rochester. A little bit about me is that I am a huge traveler and always up for an adventure, I enjoy board games, rock climbing, soccer, yoga, and always down to try a new workout class. I used to work at a coffee shop, so I love coffee. I also enjoy cooking or trying new local food places. Anyways, I would love to get to know some more people. Please reach out to me either on here or my instagram is gillianz10 🙂

Jump to this post

Welcome Gillian! I love your sense of adventure and willingness to explore! What is your favorite coffee drink? I am always looking for ideas. Welcome to Minnesota!

@catherinefeye

Welcome Gillian! I love your sense of adventure and willingness to explore! What is your favorite coffee drink? I am always looking for ideas. Welcome to Minnesota!

Jump to this post

Thank you! So I used to work at a coffee shop called Dutch Bros, which is super popular in Arizona and Washington, where I am from. At that coffee shop we had white coffee, which is different from a traditional 3 bean blend and it tastes really good. I am a big fan of a cinnamon roll oat milk latte, which is white chocolate and cinnamon syrup and sometimes I would make it as a dirty chai if I wanted something sweet, otherwise a good cold brew with cream is always nice!

@sonyamp

Hello! My name is Sonya and I graduated from Montana State University in December of 2023. I am originally from California but I had been living in Montana for the past 3 years. I moved to Rochester with my cat a I will be starting on the Surgical floor at the end of February and then going down to the ED in the future. Before moving to Rochester, I had actually never been to Minnesota, so any suggestions for restaurants or things to do in town would be appreciated!

Jump to this post

Hi Sonya! You'll have to take a trip to the Twin Cities at some point, it's only an hour away and there's the Mall of America that is a must-see for any Minnesotan. Twigs Tavern is a favorite of mine in Rochester! I hope your new job has been going well!

Hello!

My name is Hayley Nichols and I recently graduated from CVTC with my associate's in nursing. I am originally from Stanley Wi however just moved to Eau Claire WI. I like to be outdoors with my pup and friends. I started my new career in early February and recently got off orientation. I am adjusting well and love the department I am working in.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.