Starting in 2024!

Posted by Catherine Gruhn @catherinefeye, Sep 7, 2023

Please introduce yourself to your fellow Nurse Residents! Where are you from? Where did you graduate from nursing school? What is your start date?
Connections make us closer. Share and reach out to your peers to start some connections!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Nurse Residency Program group.

Hello, my name is Michal. I graduated in 2023 Broward College Nursing Program. I started the Residency Program at Mayo Clinic 8N on July 1st. I love to travel. I visited many countries, such as China, Tibet, Nepal, Burma, India, Jordan, Canada, Russia, Israel, Bermuda etc. I love to learn about new cultures and meet new people.

Welcome, Michal! I am so jealous of all the places you have been able to experience in your travels!

Hi you guys!
My name is Gene! I am from Wrightsville, Georgia, known as the "Friendliest Town in Georgia." I have graduated from Georgia Military College with my Associates of Science, Pre-Nursing in July 2021. Moreover, I just obtained my second degree with my Bachelors of Science, Nursing from the illustrious Georgia Southern University back in May 2024. I am a member of 2 honor societies: Phi Theta Kappa and Sigma Theta Tau. Additionally, I have obtained numerous honors and/or awards, such as the Distinguished Graduating Student Award from GMC. I have recently passed my NCLEX and I am super elated to start as a Registered Nurse at the #1 hospital in the nation! I have accepted a job offer to work on the Hematology/Oncology floor in Rochester, Minnesota [Eisenburg].

I originally was a PCT at a hospital in Savannah, Georgia. I have about a year worth of patient care experience. I look forward to changing lives as an RN and being the best nurse that I could be. Teaching and learning is one of my forte; but, I also love shopping (HUGE Target fan), bowling, sight seeing, parks, and aquariums. Additionally, I am HUGE foodie, and I LOVE skyscrapers.

I would love to meet and make new friends being a new guy in town! I look forward to meeting some of you soon πŸ™‚ Please feel free to add me on Snapchat @geneiusone or Instagram @geneiusme !

@geneiusone

Hi you guys!
My name is Gene! I am from Wrightsville, Georgia, known as the "Friendliest Town in Georgia." I have graduated from Georgia Military College with my Associates of Science, Pre-Nursing in July 2021. Moreover, I just obtained my second degree with my Bachelors of Science, Nursing from the illustrious Georgia Southern University back in May 2024. I am a member of 2 honor societies: Phi Theta Kappa and Sigma Theta Tau. Additionally, I have obtained numerous honors and/or awards, such as the Distinguished Graduating Student Award from GMC. I have recently passed my NCLEX and I am super elated to start as a Registered Nurse at the #1 hospital in the nation! I have accepted a job offer to work on the Hematology/Oncology floor in Rochester, Minnesota [Eisenburg].

I originally was a PCT at a hospital in Savannah, Georgia. I have about a year worth of patient care experience. I look forward to changing lives as an RN and being the best nurse that I could be. Teaching and learning is one of my forte; but, I also love shopping (HUGE Target fan), bowling, sight seeing, parks, and aquariums. Additionally, I am HUGE foodie, and I LOVE skyscrapers.

I would love to meet and make new friends being a new guy in town! I look forward to meeting some of you soon πŸ™‚ Please feel free to add me on Snapchat @geneiusone or Instagram @geneiusme !

Jump to this post

I wish I could try to post pictures, but it’s not allowing me.

@geneiusone

Hi you guys!

Jump to this post

Welcome Gene! You have already accomplished so much and I look forward to meeting you in person. Heme/onc is my background as well, you will absolutely love it!

@catherinefeye

Welcome Gene! You have already accomplished so much and I look forward to meeting you in person. Heme/onc is my background as well, you will absolutely love it!

Jump to this post

Hi! Thank you so much. I look forward to meeting you as well Mrs Gruhn! So glad to know that you enjoyed Heme/Onc!!

Hi my name is Kim Askeland. I graduated with my RN from NIACC in Mason City, Iowa. I started working MED/SURG/PEDS in Austin in June 2024. Prior to this journey, I was an LPN for 12 years. I have worked med surg at a different hospital, as well as various ambulatory areas.

@kimaskeland

Hi my name is Kim Askeland. I graduated with my RN from NIACC in Mason City, Iowa. I started working MED/SURG/PEDS in Austin in June 2024. Prior to this journey, I was an LPN for 12 years. I have worked med surg at a different hospital, as well as various ambulatory areas.

Jump to this post

Welcome Kim!! It sounds like you have some amazing experience that will serve you well as you enter into your RN role. I hope you are enjoying Austin!

Hey! My name is Ally Jensen and I am 31 years old. I graduated from Rasmussen with my ADN in December 2023. My start date was August 2024. I have been in healthcare for over 10 years. I started in pharmacy at Mayo Clinic as a CPhT. I wanted to do more and I decided to pursue nursing. I am starting on a med/surg floor and will cross train to ED when ready. I live in the country with my husband and 15 year old daughter. We have many cats that we care for and love to spend time outdoors and with our family. All 3 of us work at my husband and father-in-law's restaurant. I have lived in MN for 27 years. I am excited to be back at Mayo and look forward to growing in my career!

Welcome to your new role, Ally!! How great that you have so much experience already in healthcare and other professions. I hope that it helps ease your transition as a RN. We are so happy to have you back at Mayo!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.