Starting in 2024!

Posted by Catherine Gruhn @catherinefeye, Sep 7, 2023

Please introduce yourself to your fellow Nurse Residents! Where are you from? Where did you graduate from nursing school? What is your start date?
Connections make us closer. Share and reach out to your peers to start some connections!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Nurse Residency Program group.

Welcome Hayley! Hope you are enjoying Eau Claire and I am so happy to hear you are liking your new unit.

Hi everyone! My name is Sha'Tavian, but I prefer to go by Shay (easier for people to pronounce lol). I graduated from HFCC with my associate's in nursing. I'm moving from Brighton, MI to Rochester, MN. My start date is August 27th, but I'm ready to start now lol. I'll be working at the St. Mary's Campus and I'm excited and slightly nervous. I love candle shopping and really any smell good products. I want to get into working out and crocheting. I'm looking forward to the move and hoping to make some friends along the way. Wishing everyone the best in their careers.

Hey, my name is Jocelyn Sanvick, I am a born and raised Minnesotan. I went to school in Austin, MN and received my ADN from Riverland Community College. I currently live in Austin, MN. My start date was June 19th. I will be on MB9DE which is Neurosurgery. I am very excited to be on this floor as a nurse because 6 years ago I was in a really bad car accident and was actually a patient on the floor there. I have worked at Mayo for 9 years now, my first year I worked in the food service and the next 8 years I worked as a PCA on EI 10-3/4 which is the Med/Surg/Transplant ICU. When I am not at work I enjoy everything outside from gardening, riding motorcycle, or grilling. My dog is my entire world, her name is Pearl! A lot of my free time is spent with her. I am here if anyone needs help with Mayo or Minnesota tips and tricks!

Welcome to your new role at Mayo Clinic! It is so great that you have already been an employee for 9 years. What an incredible story you have, I hope you enjoy every moment as an RN!

@salford1

Hi everyone! My name is Sha'Tavian, but I prefer to go by Shay (easier for people to pronounce lol). I graduated from HFCC with my associate's in nursing. I'm moving from Brighton, MI to Rochester, MN. My start date is August 27th, but I'm ready to start now lol. I'll be working at the St. Mary's Campus and I'm excited and slightly nervous. I love candle shopping and really any smell good products. I want to get into working out and crocheting. I'm looking forward to the move and hoping to make some friends along the way. Wishing everyone the best in their careers.

Jump to this post

Welcome to Mayo Clinic, Shay! I hope your move goes well and we are so excited to have you on our team!

@gec1760

Hi all! My name is Grace Crary, and I recently graduated from Emory with my Master of Nursing. My start date is February 27th, and I am in the ED bridge program so will be starting out on a surgical floor. More about me: I am originally from California, and have never lived anywhere with snow (lol). I am an avid weightlifter which is my main hobby, but I also enjoy skiing, baking, taking long walks and hanging out with friends. I had never been to Minnesota till about a month ago to apartment hunt, but I am stoked to get started and make friends! Feel free to add me on insta @1stgracec

Jump to this post

Hi Grace!
I am also in the ED bridge, but I started at Mayo a couple of weeks ago. How is your experience going?

Hi All!
My name is Jacob. I started at Mayo Clinic June of this year. I am in the ED bridge program and start my journey on Jo3A. I am from a small town in Michigan outside Detroit called Rochester. It is much smaller than the Rochester here in Minnesota. Back home, I did a paramedic to RN bridge program, which was 3 semesters of all the nursing content. It was incredibly fast paced, but a great challenge. It really tested m not only as a student, but it also tested my time management skills and prioritization with all the course work that had to completed. This is my first RN job. Previously I was a career firefighter/paramedic for over 3 years before making the switch. Before and after, I worked for small paid-per-call departments (one including Rochester Fire Department in Michigan). I now work part time EMS at Dodge Center Ambulance. Outside of work, I enjoy working out, swimming, fishing, hiking, and reading. I am also into education and learning as much as I can. I also enjoy photography and is something that I do when I am outside hiking. I am very new to the area and am looking to make friends. Feel free to follow me on Instagram @myles.of.photography. Have a great day!

Hi! My name is Chloe. I graduated from the University of Florida in May. I am from Jacksonville, and I will be starting at the Jacksonville location July 15. I will be working on the oncology/bmt unit 🙂

@chloemckinnon

Hi! My name is Chloe. I graduated from the University of Florida in May. I am from Jacksonville, and I will be starting at the Jacksonville location July 15. I will be working on the oncology/bmt unit 🙂

Jump to this post

Welcome to Mayo! Oncology/BMT is a great place to be, I hope you enjoy your new unit!

@jmweiss

Hi All!
My name is Jacob. I started at Mayo Clinic June of this year. I am in the ED bridge program and start my journey on Jo3A. I am from a small town in Michigan outside Detroit called Rochester. It is much smaller than the Rochester here in Minnesota. Back home, I did a paramedic to RN bridge program, which was 3 semesters of all the nursing content. It was incredibly fast paced, but a great challenge. It really tested m not only as a student, but it also tested my time management skills and prioritization with all the course work that had to completed. This is my first RN job. Previously I was a career firefighter/paramedic for over 3 years before making the switch. Before and after, I worked for small paid-per-call departments (one including Rochester Fire Department in Michigan). I now work part time EMS at Dodge Center Ambulance. Outside of work, I enjoy working out, swimming, fishing, hiking, and reading. I am also into education and learning as much as I can. I also enjoy photography and is something that I do when I am outside hiking. I am very new to the area and am looking to make friends. Feel free to follow me on Instagram @myles.of.photography. Have a great day!

Jump to this post

Welcome, Jacob! You are definitely a go-getter! We are so excited to have you at Mayo Clinic. Hope you enjoy Minnesota 🙂

Please sign in or register to post a reply.